Saturday, May 24, 2014

braised chicken drumsticks


I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that these braised chicken drumsticks were so yummy that there were no leftovers for me when I got home late from a work meeting today.  

The bad news is that I had not had dinner yet when I got home.

I did not get the opportunity to take more photographs other than the above photograph that I took when I was cooking the drumsticks.  Sob, sob....

So this recipe is a keeper.  In fact, I'm toying with the idea of making variations of this.  Let's see how things progress... So far, I am more adventurous in varying baking recipes as compared to cooking recipes but there's always a first time.


INGREDIENTS (marinade)

2 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp light soya sauce
4 cloves of garlic (whole)


OTHER INGREDIENTS

6 chicken drumsticks
1 bay leaf
1 carrot (cut into chunks)
1 stick celery (cut into big pieces)
1 carrot (cut into large cubes)
4 dried mushrooms
1 red onion (quartered)
4 cherry tomatoes


METHOD

1. In a large bowl, mix the marinade well.

2. Add the other ingredients and mix with the marinade.

3. Refrigerate for at least an hour (preferably overnight).

4. Cook in a slow cooker or a rice cooker with soup function (select the soup function).

5. Serve piping hot with steamed white rice.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin