Friday, May 31, 2013

Nutella muffins


Okay, I was skeptical when I read internet reviews about a wonderful recipe for muffins that requires only 3 ingredients.

However, I remembered a certain someone who drew up an Agreement for Sale and Purchase in respect of an immovable property that contained only 3 clauses so I figured that anything is possible in life.

I googled "Nutella muffins" and found many links.  What I noticed was that the recipe was almost identical in these various internet pages and I also noticed positive feedback.

So what did I do?  Well, naturally I rushed to the supermarket nearest to my office during my lunch hour on a weekday and bought the largest container of Nutella that I could find.  Judging from the reviews on the internet, I decided that I might as well buy a larger container as this recipe is sure to be a keeper.


I finally got round to baking the muffins and I was not disappointed.

I do have a caveat, though.  I personally find the muffins a little dense.  When I next bake these muffins, I will add 1/2 tsp of baking powder to the cake flour.


INGREDIENTS

1 cup Nutella
1 egg (beaten)
10 tbsp cake flour


METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

2. Line the muffin pans with paper cases.  Set aside.

3. Sift the cake flour in a bowl.  Set aside.

4. Mix the Nutella and egg until smooth.

5. Fold in the sifted flour.

6. Fill the muffin cases till about 3/4 full.

7. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.


TIPS

You may notice muffin crumbs stuck to it but this is alright - as the muffin cools down, the muffin will become more dry.  As such, you should not overbake the muffins.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin