Thursday, December 6, 2012

sausage and cheese pizza


Many thanks to my SIL for this lovely recipe for pizza dough.  With one portion of the dough, we were able to make 4 small pizzas!


I am thankful that when I got married in 1998, my mother bought us a Hitachi breadmaker as one of several wedding presents.  15 years later, my breadmaker is still performing very well although nowadays, I tend to use it to make bread dough or bread and I use it less frequently to bake cake or make jam.  What I also love about it is the size - many breadmakers that I see sold nowadays are much smaller.


INGREDIENTS

2 tsp salt
1 tsp honey
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cups bread flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast
pasta sauce
cheese sausages (sliced cross-section)
grated mozzarella cheese


METHOD

1. Add the salt, honey, warm water and olive oil into the bucket of the breadmaker.  Add the bread flour, making sure that the flour covers the wet ingredients.  Add the yeast.

2. Place the bucket in the breadmaker and select dough function.

3. When the dough cycle has been completed, turn the dough onto a floured board.  Using floured hands, knead the dough several times.

4. Divide the dough into several portions (if your oven is small, you can probably make 4 small pizzas.  If your oven is larger, you can make about 2 to 3 large pizzas) and roll out the dough or stretch them by hand.

5. Place the pizza base onto a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper.

6. Spread the pasta sauce onto the pizza base.

7. Add the sausages liberally to the base.

8. Top with generous portion of grated mozarella cheese.

9. Bake in an oven preheated to 250 degrees celsius for 12 to 15 minutes.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin