Friday, December 7, 2012

chocolate chip muffins


I love my non-stick muffin pans.  I have 4 of them.  I think among all my baking "toys", these muffin pans have been used the most frequently, if not a close second.


What I also love are Hersheys chocolate chips.  I use them to bake chocolate chip cookies (and I am told that they taste scrumptious) and chocolate chip muffins.  I prefer Hersheys chocolate chips to other brands of chocolate chips.


INGREDIENTS

375g self-raising flour
90g butter (softened)
220g castor sugar
90g vegetable oil
310ml low fat milk
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 cup Hersheys chocolate chips


METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

2. Line the muffin pan with paper cases.  Set aside.

3. Sift the self-raising flour in a bowl.  Set aside.

4. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl using a spatula until well mixed.

5. Add the oil, milk, egg and chocolate chips.  Stir well.

6. Fold in the flour using a spatula and stir until just blended.  Do not overmix.

7. Pour the batter into the paper cases until almost full.

8. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin